Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Drinking the Kool Aid

This could be similar to the Kool Aid acid test from the 60s but whatever you do, don't drink the stuff! This is mostly sugar and I would not feed any kids this unless I wanted them on a sugar high, mmm let me think about that one??!!
Anyhow I bought a few packets from the local Safeway to try my hand at dying yarn - certainly a learning experience... I had great fun doing it but think it would be better if I wasn't pregnant crouching down on the ground painting yarn with a syringe. The method I tried was microwaving the colours to set on the yarn which created this psychedelic orange variegated yarn that will be fine for childrens accessories. Still the experiment was fun & I made two balls of yarn & I still have more to play with. There are many great tutorials on the internet to learn this dying method. The fact that it is chemical free is excellent plus the fruity smell of the yarn is an added bonus!

No comments: