Thursday, November 02, 2006

Movin' on up!

Sun :: Day trip out to San Francisco for an advanced knitting class. Enjoyed learning how to get myself out of nasty little knitting mistakes!

So I arrived fairly early in the morning to take in some sights of the area while waiting for the workshop to start. Ended up wandering up Sutter St where I found a few galleries & these side streets that just go up & up. No wonder there are cable cars as the streets are very steep. The architecture around the area was just breathtaking as a lot of the buildings are very old & I've probably seen them in films before. It was quite an enjoyable little area which leads into Chinatown (yet to explore...) Check out the funky apple teev - get the kids hooked early!! On the way home, travelling the MUNI, it was great to see the Bay bridge in all its glory, at the Embarcadero (The Embarcadero is the eastern waterfront roadway of the Port of San Francisco). Cannot wait to see the Golden Gate bridge one of these days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my god oh my god, look at those buildings ! that does it, am starting my san fran fund today ! for donations please feel free to contact me directly ;)