Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Meet me in San Jose

Sun :: Went down to San Jose for the day - had a great time as there is quite a bit to check out. The art gallery looked really cool but there was an event on so we thought we would see what it was like. It was Mexican Independence Day at the local park & we had heaps of fun eating and watching the dancing (c pic). I loved the costumes the kids wore - so colourful. Got some video of it all too so when I get my iMac I can make a DVD. James found mango on a stick (c pic - as big as Ashwins head!) which was just divine & I am certainly getting into Mexican food - it is deee-licious. Different to the Mexican we get in Oz - just a taco (small little tortilla) with rice & tomato salsa on top.

Enjoyed checking out the Adobe building with some funky little insect sculptures (c pic) around the gardens surrounding it. There was a lovely river walk too but we reached a dead end all too soon. A great city to visit will be back soon...

No comments: