Thursday, October 19, 2006

The 101 of addressing a letter in the US of A

Well all my mail was addressed & ready to go, except for the customs forms of course - which I dread as there is so much to fill out! Anyway I take my mail in & they say "You have no return address on the envelope" & I say "Yeah man it is on the back". He says "Sorry ma'am but you will have to write your address on the front left hand corner". So I was like, where am I?? another planet I am sure!! This is a place all to itself the grand ol' world of the US of A. So if anyone sees my address scrawled messily in a corner of the envelope, that is why I had enough of filling out forms & writing my address everywhere. I think I might invest in an address stamp... to think I was laughing at the thought the other day, but now I can completely understand :)

The pic is of a waiting room at the Caltrain station in San Jose - God Bless America!

No comments: