Thursday, October 19, 2006

Library tales... as fun as your A B C

I am a member of the local library now & I am very excited as it seems the sanest place to be! Well almost?! First time I went to borrow books out for Ashwin I went to ask one question to the librarian about the Mem Fox books and she got all excited about books & gave me this massive pile of DVDs, CDs & books to take away with me. Of course I couldn't carry them all away, I just took a few but Ashwin was thrilled about having some new books to look at or close depending on his mood. The highlight for him was the DVDs & he has this thing now where he'll look at the iMac & see if there is anything on! Oh oh maybe we introduced that powerful media all too soon??!!

Now I remember, the librarian also gave me some info on the American Paediatric Association & the introduction of DVD's & TV into their space too early. She mentioned that the kids don't focus on things well & get distracted easily - don't know if that is genes or the intro of the TV? Anyway he just loves Sesame Street - it is educational at least. His favourite character is Oscar the grouch, he has a cool demeanour about him even though might stink!! Oh & how can we forget Elmo, he is a bit of a cutie & Ashwin loves him too! Everything in moderation, so he'll only watch it in the morning or evening & the rest of the time is left to adventuring in the apartment & out & about...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool to see Ashwin with his 'A' - :)