Thursday, October 26, 2006

Knit it & knit it good!

On Sunday I took off all on my lonesome out to the big city! It was a mission but well worth it as I had a knitting class to go to at artfibers http://www.artfibers.com/index.php. It was cool to catch the Caltrain most of the way, then hop onto the Bart that travels through some great sights on the way, but the windows are filthy and it is mostly underground.

It was a 3 hour workshop where I learnt how to knit, purl, cast on & cast off. So my new project (c pic) is a pair of fingerless gloves. Hopefully they turn out, as I was a bit over making scarves as I have made a couple in Melbourne. I loved the day out & James stayed home with Ashwin & they did the farmers market shopping. I am off again this Sunday to learn some advanced knitting moves which I am looking forward to. The store where the workshop was held was just amazing - they have the most incredible selection of fibres to choose from, so it was very hard to choose a ball to go... I ended up buying this beautiful fine merino & silk blend & it is great to work with.

No comments: